It can not comprise within the simple report of one’s views, nor in only report regarding the views associated with the philosophers we discuss. You need to protect the claims you make. You need to offer reasons to think them.
Which means you can not simply state:
My view is the fact that P. I think this because.
we realize that the considerations that are following. offer an argument that is convincing P.
Descartes says that Q; nevertheless, the after thought-experiment will show that Q is certainly not true.
Descartes says that Q. We find this claim plausible, when it comes to after reasons.
- Criticize that argument; or show that one arguments for the thesis are not any good
- Protect the argument or thesis against somebody else’s critique
- Offer reasons to think the thesis
- Offer counter-examples to your thesis
- Contrast the skills and weaknesses of two opposing views about the thesis
- Provide examples that assist explain the thesis, or that assist to really make the thesis more plausible
- Argue that one philosophers are devoted to the thesis by their other views, though they don’t emerge and explicitly endorse the thesis
- Discuss what consequences the thesis could have, if it had been real
- Revise the thesis, within the light of some objection
No matter what of those aims you set on your own, you have got to clearly current reasons for the claims you will be making . Read more